Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Gift of Traditional Knowledge

Thanks to Borky for the artwork

Here are the lyrics of one of the songs in Chuwassi, Salidummay's 6th album, to be released in a launching concert on November 18, 2008, 6:30 pm, at the UP Baguio Auditorium. Don't miss it...

The Gift

The gift was nurtured through the times to be a guiding light
The gift was handed down the ages from the elders to the child

I learned to love my land of birth, the mountains and the trees
I learned the secrets of the earth, the sky, the wind, the seas

It taught me when to work the land, and when to watch and wait
When to sow and when to reap and when to celebrate

I learned to share my time, my skill, my harvest and my labor
I learned to give and to receive the caring of my neighbor

To give respect to nature, each creature has its ways
To celebrate all cultures, each people has their ways

Walk lightly on the planet, this message must be heard
The gift of simple living, we offer to the world

The gift was nurtured through the times to be a guiding light
And now it teaches me that I must carry on the fight


No comments:

Post a Comment